Samuel Parris Biography
- He was born in London in 1653.
- The Parris family later moved to Barbados, where his father became a sugar planter and merchant.
- Samuel attended Harvard College, but returned to the islands after his father's death in 1678.
- He became a merchant, but when a hurricane wrecked his business and sugar prices were low, he sold his business and moved to Boston. He was a merchant for only eight years.
- He tried to be a merchant in Boston but couldn't compete, so he decided to become a minister.
- Salem Village hired him as their minister in 1688.
- -- More Salem Witch Trials Biographies.
Salem Witch Trials:
Trip to Salem:
Travel to Salem
Halloween in Salem
American History Notes